That’s right, we have a release date for SUDA51’s next over-the-top action and fan service game Killer is Dead (it’s August 27, 2013 if you didn’t read the title). If graphic violence, outright crazy story lines, fast-paced action, and bodacious cartoon babes aren’t enough to hook you to get a copy at launch, XSEED Games has included the following bonuses for all launch copies:
- An 80-page hardcover art book of Killer is Dead
- A Killer is Dead soundtrack CD containing 25 tracks
- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack containing the following:
- Bonus in-game goods ‘Gigolo Glasses,’ an alternate costume for Vivienne and Mika
- A bonus ‘Gigolo Mission’ with Betty
- An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian
You play the role of Mondo Zappa, a new recruit of an “execution agency” which targets criminals. Mondo’s weapon of choice is a Katana but also has a bionic left arm which can be modified with different attachments. Between cutting your way through bad guys and facing the final boss of the stage you can engage in gigolo missions where the goal is not to kill anything but to please the ladies to receive presents and rewards from them if you’re a smooth operator. For preview on the action game play of Killer is Dead, you can view the trailer above but if you’re all about the fan service this trailer will give you a glimpse of what to expect:
For more details on Killer is Dead, check out the game’s official site at: http://www.loveandkill.com.
Killer is Dead was developed jointly by KADOKAWA GAMES and Goichi Suda (aka SUDA51) and his GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE studio and published by XSEED Games under Marvelous USA, Inc.