Yep, it’s a slow news day so we’re reporting on rumors. After infamous NeoGAF “leaker” crazy buttocks on a train (sic) rightfully got chastised for missing the mark on his PlayStation 4 launch prediction, the alleged Microsoft employee broke his silence today, revealing a few new avenues that Microsoft is pursuing with the Xbox One, including a potential program for reselling digital games, which would change the tide for consumers and cut out retail outlets such as GameStop of a lucrative source of income. As always, we’re marking these tips as hard rumors.
Here’s a rough translation of the poster’s usual cryptic text. What do you guys think? Leaks, or more speculative guesses disguised as such?
Back home now. Yay >_<
Apologies for the late October no show for the PS4. I heard it was that, but Sony is not my strong suit. It happens. Call 1800BUTOCXS for a refund of your money. ;)
Seriously, I am sorry though.
Xbox One November 8th hahaha no. Saw the Kotaku article, then retraction. That’s ok. I could have told them November 8th was a pipe dream. I know MS Better than SCEA haha.
- Xbox One CS Representitives are being called in for November 15th
- These are contractual reps, not ones that actually work for MS.
- New CS software implemented for November 15th with support for the Xbox One
- Called “Assisted Support Desktop”
- Anti-phishing stuff to make it hard for scammers to call in about account info that isn’t theirs. If the customer doesn’t have an e-mail or a phone number to associate with the account, xbone reps will have to tell the caller to eff off.
- I wish I had access to Sony CS 3 weeks ago.
Do you want to sell your digital games? OH NO I ONLY REPORT BAD NEWS FOR XBONE!
For the following questions please assume that Microsoft Xbox One will offer a digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games.
New digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games:
- This will be available through the systems’ premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)
- You will have the ability to purchase and sell pre-owned digital video games.
- You will have the ability to sell back/trade in your versions of digital games you have purchased.
- You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace.
- You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games.
- All transactions will take place via digital downloads/transfers within your next generation gaming system’s digital store.
- New full game digital downloads will still be available, as will physical (disc) versions sold at retail stores/websites.
- Pre-owned disc versions of games will be able to be played on the next generation gaming system for free.
- There will be a marketplace service fee charged to the seller when they sell a digital version of a game.
And from a follow-up post:
To clarify, because some folks are reading it incorrectly and god forbid I post and enjoy Germany only to be yelled at by top internet men about getting things wrong.
Digital resale is collating survey information! Not set in stone, but a direction to look at? Xbox One doing a good thing? It’s Impossible!
Okay, see you in 2014